Head Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Instructor/Owner Paragan Bjj-SLO
Chris Lovato is a Paragon black belt under Franjinha Miller (bio here) and holds numerous competition titles in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. His grappling experience began with more than 15 years of wrestling at the high school and collegiate level and has state titles in freestyle and Greco roman wrestling. From 1989 to 1994 he coached high school and junior high school wrestling with a number of his students placing the California State Championships.
In 1995 Chris began training both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Judo. He spent 5 years training and competing in Judo and earned his Judo Black Belt in 1997 from Mario Rubio of Five Cities Judo in Arroyo Grande.
Chris has been training and competing in BJJ and submission wrestling for more than 18 years. Chris’ classes in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu incorporate both wrestling and judo into the BJJ curriculum.
- BJJ black Belt under Ricardo “Franjinha” Miller of Paragon
- Judo Black Belt under Mario Rubio of Five Cities Judo in Arroyo Grande.
- 15 yrs high school, collegiate freestyle and Greco Roman wrestling
- Level 2 Combatives Instructor in the Modern Army Combatives Program
- Post Certified Arrest and Control Instructor at Allen Hancock Police Academy
- 2014 Black Belt Pan Am Champion
- 2013 Black Belt No Gi Worlds, 2nd place
- 2012 Black Belt No Gi Worlds Champion
- 2011 Black Belt
- US Open 1st place. 3rd place Absolute
- American Nationals 1st place Gi, 1st place No Gi
- No Gi worlds, 2nd place
- Pan AM 3rd place
- Abu Dahbi Trials Las Vegas 2nd place Absolute
- 2010 Black Belt
- No Gi worlds, 1st place absolute, 3rd place
- US open, 1st place middleweight and absolute
- American Nationals, 2nd place
- Titles at both Purple and Brown Belt include Pan Ams, US Open, and No Gi Worlds